Lookers Kia Leasing
TERMS OF BUSINESS – CREDIT BROKING
As part of our commitment to treating you fairly in all our dealings with you both now and in the future, this document details our service and arrangements for dealing with your lease finance requirements. Please take the opportunity to read it carefully ensuring you retain a copy for your records.
Lookers Kia Leasing is a trading name of Lookers Motor Group Limited (LMGL) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Our FCA Firm Register Number (FRN) is 309424. You can verify this information by checking the FCA Register which can be found at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6968.
LMGL is a subsidiary of Lookers plc, Company registration number 111876, whose registered offices are Lookers House, 3 Etchells Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 5XS.
As a vehicle leasing broker, we are a credit broker, not a lender and can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers to fund the lease of your vehicle.
- You will not receive advice or any recommendation from us in respect of the finance available to lease your vehicle, instead we will ask you a number of questions to ensure we provide you with sufficient information to choose how you wish to proceed.
- After your initial enquiry through our website, we will search comparable vehicles and provide you with a quotation from one of our finance providers in respect of your vehicle requirements and specifications.
- On acceptance of the quotation, we will ask you to complete and sign an online finance proposal. You must ensure that the information provided is complete and accurate.
- Your completed online finance proposal will be submitted to the finance provider who has agreed to lease the vehicle to you for underwriting. The finance provider may request additional information to support your application. You are not committed to any such lease until the finance agreement has been signed by you and executed by the finance provider.
- On acceptance of your finance proposal by the finance provider, we will issue you with a vehicle order form which we will ask you to sign to enable us to obtain the vehicle at the price quoted. Your vehicle order form gives us permission to search and acquire the requested vehicle and is not a contract between us and you.
- Once you sign and return your vehicle order form to us, you will receive confirmation together with the finance agreement documents for signature either directly from us or the finance provider. It is important that you read these documents carefully before signing and returning.
- Once your finance agreement has been returned and accepted, we will arrange delivery of your vehicle. Please note that your vehicle cannot be delivered during the statutory cooling off period of your finance agreement. Delivery dates are subject to change and we have no influence over such dates.
ABOUT OUR CREDIT BROKING TERMS
CREDIT BROKER STATUS DISCLOSURE
We are a credit broker, not a lender and have the permission to carry out the regulated activity of credit broking which includes effecting introductions between you and lenders or other credit brokers. This means that we can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers to assist with your finance. All finance is subject to status and income.
Where we carry out any negotiations with you in relation to your finance agreement, we will inform you if your application has been declined. We will also provide you with the details of any credit reference agency consulted by the finance provider.
FEES & CHARGES
When using our credit broking services, you may be required to pay a charge in relation to those services which constitutes our processing fee. The exact amount will be displayed in your order form. The charge will be collected by debit or credit card payment, facilitated through Stripe, on submission of your order form. Stripe are employed by LMGL to provide a secure payment gateway for customers using our online services.
We receive commission from your finance provider for introducing you to them. You are entitled, at any time, to request information regarding any commission which we may have received as a result of placing your business with a finance provider. If we do not know the exact amount of commission, we will provide you with the likely amount.
CANCELLATION RIGHTS – VEHICLE ORDER & FINANCE AGREEMENT
We have the right to cancel any vehicle order should the required vehicle not be obtainable.
You have the right to cancel your finance agreement within 14 days of entering into your agreement. Where the vehicle needs to be collected as part of your cancellation this may be subject to a collection charge. You should check with your finance provider for any collection charge.
LEASE AGREEMENT REVIEW
We may contact you prior to the end of your lease agreement to discuss the return of your vehicle and/or to assist in sourcing a new vehicle.
We value all customers and aim, at all times to provide a first-class service, including in complaints handling. Whilst we aim to achieve a high level of service, if you have any complaints about your finance, please contact us directly using any of the following methods:
Call Us: 0161 291 0043
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to Us: Complaints Department, Lookers, Lookers House, 3 Etchells Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5XS
All complaints received are treated with confidentiality and in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. We will always strive to investigate and resolve your complaint promptly and fairly. However, if you are not satisfied with how we respond to your complaint, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do so within 6 months of our final response to you.
The Financial Ombudsman Service is a free, independent service available to customers who have a complaint about a financial product or service. The address, website and contact details of the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:
Address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
For more information please read the Financial Ombudsman’s leaflet “Your Complaint and the Ombudsman” which is available at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications
These Terms of Business are governed by the law of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. These Terms shall not be enforceable by third parties and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 is excluded. If any part of these Terms are deemed unlawful or unenforceable in any way, that part shall be deemed removed without it affecting the remainder of the Terms.
We are committed to the highest standards of data privacy and will only use your information in accordance with UK and EU data protection legislation. For more information please see our Privacy Notice published on our website at www.lookerskialeasing.co.uk/privacy-notice